Last Updated on 24/05/2022 by The Editor
- Electronically, magnetically, and mechanically activated implants.
- Ferromagnetic or electronically operated active devices like
- automatic cardioverter-defibrillators.
- Cardiac pacemaker
- Metallic splinters in the eye.
- Ferromagnetic hemostatic clips in the CNS.
2. Relative contraindications
- Cochlear implants
- Prosthetic heart valves
- Other pacemakers, e.g., for Carotid sinus
- Hemostatic clips
- Insulin pumps and nerve stimulators
- Non-ferromagnetic stapedial implants
- Lead wires or similar wires
- Women with a first-trimester pregnancy